Care Worker



On this page you will find more information on the profile needed to become a care worker.


Care workers help vulnerable people to manage their daily activities and to live as independently as possible.

  • getting to know clients and their interests and needs;
  • helping with personal care like washing, using the toilet and dressing;
  • food preparation, feeding and giving out medication;
  • carrying out general tasks like housework, laundry and shopping;
  • helping clients manage their budget, pay bills and write letters;
  • supporting families to get used to new caring responsibilities;
  • giving emotional and practical support to children and young people;
  • working with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans;
  • helping to organise leisure activities;
  • going with clients to and from a residential home.
  • You'll be working with children or vulnerable adults, so you'll need Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance;
  • If you're new to adult social care in England, you'll need to gain the Care Certificate as part of a 12-week induction programme provided by your employer;
  • Within 6 months of starting in children's residential care, you'll need to have or get the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent;
  • the ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds;
  • skills in communicating with tact and sensitivity;
  • the ability to remain calm under pressure.
  • Valid employment visa


  • UK residence permit


المعلومات الواردة في هذه الصفحة هي للأغراض العامة فقط لإرشاد الباحثين عن عمل. لمتطلبات التوظيف لمنصب معين، استشر المنظمة المضيفة ذات الصلة. 

يستخدم موقع منظمة الهجرة الدولية ملفات تعريف الارتباط. بالاستمرار في استخدام خدماتنا، فإنك توافق على استخدام ملفات تعريف الارتباط و التقنيات المشابهة. اغلاق